Work and Time is a tricky but scoring topic to get marks in SSC CGL 2017. This is important because every year you get almost 6-9 questions from this section which become difficult only when you do not understand the question. The most important thing in this section is understand the question and after that any of these SEVEN SUPERHACKS can be used to answer that.
Here are the HACKS:
1. If 1/n of work is done by A in one day, then A will take n days to complete the full work(ONE).
2. If A can do a particular amount of work in X days and B can do the same work in Y days, then A and B together will do the same work in XY/(X+Y) days.
3. If A, B and C can complete a work in X, Y and Z days working alone respectively, then A,B and C will together complete the work in XYZ/(XY+YZ+ZX) days.
4. If A does 1/nth of a work in t hours, then to complete the full work A will take n x t hours.
5. If A and B together finish a piece of work in X days, B and C together in Y days and C and A together in Z days, then
a) A, B and C together will finish the job in (2XYZ/XY+YZ+ZX) days.
b) A will finish the job in (2XYZ/XY+YZ- ZX) days.
c) B will finish the job in (2XYZ/ZX+XY- YZ) days.
d) C will finish the job in (2XYZ/ZX+YZ- XY) days.
6. If A can finish a work in X days and B is n times efficient than A, then time taken by A and B working together to complete the work is X/(1+n).
7. If A and B working together finish a work in X days and B is n times efficient than A, then time taken by A working alone to complete the work is (n+1)X and B working alone to complete the work is (n+1/n)X.
Hope you find these helpful.
For queries mail us at email@example.com
Keep Studying.Believe in Yourself.Mission SSC.
All the Best!
PS: Team SSCHacks recommends the following books to boost your preparation: