Staff Selection Commission has published the official notification for SSC CGL- 2017 on 16th May 2017, and the Tier-1 Examination is scheduled between 1st – 20th August 2017.
The official notification can be downloaded here : Click Here
As per the notification some of the Major Changes observed in SSC CGL 2017 are as follows:
- Time Duration : SSC CGL-2016 was conducted with major changes in the pattern and mode of examination. This year the Time Duration for TIER-1 exam has been decreased from 75 minutes to 60 minutes. The number of question are kept same i.e 100 questions (25 per section) for a total of 200 marks.
- Age Limit : The Upper age limit for several posts has been increased to 30 years and the age limit has been increased by 3 years for selected departments like CSS, IB, Railway, MEA, AFHQ, ITI, etc.
- New Posts: SSC has introduced several new posts like Assistant Accounts officer, Assistant in Serious Fraud investigation office and other ministries for SSC CGL 2017.
- Age Verification : SSC has mentioned a last Cut Off date for determining the age limit and education qualification as 1st August 2017.
- Posts Preference: Preference of Posts needs to be filled while submitting an online application for SSC CGL. You will also be allowed to fill posts reference during document verificaiton. THIS WILL BE CONSIDERED FINAL.
Among them the major change of TIME DURATION of Tier-1 Exam, is important for conideration as this will have an impact on the cut off scores for Tier-1 and there will be a priority for a low cut off compared to SSC CGL-2016.
PS: Team SSCHacks recommends the following books to boost your preparation: